If you are currently served by WFEC and would like service to continue at your current location while moving to your new location, also served by WFEC, we will be happy to provide dual service. The following is a list of requirements for dual service:
- The balance on the current account must be zero.
- The member must provide a disconnect date for the current location.
- The member must provide a connect date for the new location.
- The member must pay a $35 transfer fee.
- The member must provide a picture identification in the office if requested.
- Only the member owner may authorize changes to their account.
- Dual Service is only available for 7 days.
If you require dual service for longer than 7 days, you will need to pay a deposit, service charge, and membership fee on your new account, and the deposit and membership fee on your existing account will be refunded against your final bill when the account is closed.
Please keep in mind that you will receive a final bill for your current location. This final bill will include energy charges incurred from your previous meter reading date on your original meter through your disconnect date. Depending upon the length of time between these two dates, the final bill at your original location may be higher than usual due to an extended billing cycle to accommodate your move.
This process is the same for residential and commercial members.