As technology has advanced and improved, West Florida Electric Cooperative (WFEC) has advanced with it by adding several ways to make payments on your electric account. These payment methods are meant
to be easy and convenient for our members, however, we have recently noticed a few problems members
may be having with the bill payment systems available at the co-op. One of the primary problems has been
members making double payments. These problems can be easily prevented by following a few
Let's review some of the options available for making payments:
1. Mobile app and online bill payments offer members the convenience of paying online by logging into the customer portal or downloading the mobile app for phone or tablet and logging onto the app to make
payments. When using these methods, please be careful not to click submit more than once without first verifying that your payment was processed. Technology is great but it is not always as speedy as we would
like. A little patience during this process can save you a lot of time in the future having to clear up a double payment.
We highly recommend that you set up “notifications” in online bill pay or the mobile app. These notifications can be emails or text alerts for things like payment notifications, due date reminders and more. Setting up notifications can also be a helpful tool for confirming if a payment has been made to your account in an effort to prevent double payments.
When making payments online, you can always call the cooperative to confirm your payment was made and received. In fact, if you have any questions about making payments, our member service representatives are
available to answer those for you – just call the cooperative at 855.MYWFECA (855.699.3322) to speak to someone.
2. Automatic bank draft allows WFEC members to schedule a bank draft payment from a checking or savings account at your financial institution. This method can also be set up using a debit or credit card. *It is important to note that if you schedule a draft payment for a specific date, but make payment in a different manner before this scheduled draft is withdrawn, then the original draft must be cancelled or it will still be deducted from your account on the date it was scheduled. *This can cause double payments to be withdrawn from your account.
3. Off-site payment locations are available for members to pay monthly electric bills on or before the due date:
• Regions Bank Payment Locations are in Blountstown and Marianna. WFEC members who make payments at Regions Bank must be a Regions account holder and must pay with a Regions check. Members who make payments in the night drop at Regions must adhere to the same rules. Members must have their current payment coupon and may pay no less than the full amount of the bill. Late payments will not be
accepted at these locations.
• People’s South Bank Payment Locations are in Chipley, Greenwood, Malone, Marianna, Sneads and Blountstown. People’s South Bank will accept payment from any WFEC member, regardless of whether or not they are a People’s South customer. WFEC members may make payments with cash or check and may use the night drop. Members must have their current payment coupon and may pay no less than the
full amount of the bill. Late payments will not be accepted at these locations.
Please contact one of our member services representatives at 855.MYWFECA (855.699.3322) for more information or if we can assist you with any of our convenient bill payment options.