If you have or see an outdoor light that is not working on WFEC’s system, please contact the cooperative to report it. When reporting a problem, please provide the information listed below, so that we can make the repair and contact you if necessary.
• Provide the member account number or meter number, just like when reporting a power outage. Some members have multiple yard lights – members may be asked where the light is located on the property.
• Describe the nature of the problem; such as light is blinking, bulb is burned out, etc.
• Provide contact information such as the name, address, email address, or phone number of the person reporting the outdoor light so that they can be contacted if needed. Providing as much information as possible will help ensure the proper response to your request.
To report a broken or malfunctioning outdoor light, contact WFEC at 800-342-7400 or call your local district office during normal business hours.
If you experience any other types of damage at your home - such as leaning poles, broken meter bases/meters, damaged surge equipment or other related items, please contact the cooperative.
- Mobile Apps
- Products and Services
- Hurricane Preparedness
- Medically Essential Service
- GenerLink™ Transfer Switch
- Current Light Flashes
- Capital Credits
- Electrical Safety
- Youth Tour Competition
- West Florida Electric Scholarship
- Empower Energy Education Workshop
- The Cooperative Difference
- Economic Development
- WFEC Member Survey
- Solar Energy
- Outdoor Lighting
- Co-ops Vote
- Community Involvement
Ceiling fans are a great way to keep cool & can even allow you to raise or lower your thermostat setting about 4 degrees without affecting your comfort.