In accordance with the cooperative’s bylaws and Board Policy 113, West Florida Electric Cooperative’s Board of Trustees has appointed a search committee to begin the process of filling the District 1 position vacated by the passing of long-time trustee, Mr. Ellis Nichols.
The Board of Trustees will entertain applications from qualified individuals residing in District 1 who meet the criteria for serving as a trustee as outlined in the cooperative’s bylaws. West Florida Electric Trustee qualifications: WFEC Bylaws Article IV, Section 2:
1. Must be a member of the cooperative.
2. Must be a bona fide resident of the district.
3. May not be employed by or financially interested in a competing enterprise or business selling electric energy or supplies; or in a business primarily engaged in selling electrical or plumbing appliances, fixtures or supplies to the members.
4. May not have been a full-time or part-time employee of the cooperative within three (3) years or is a spouse, parent, child or sibling of a person who has.
5. May not have been found guilty of a felony, regardless of whether adjudication was withheld or found guilty of a misdemeanor involving the illegal possession, sale or use of a controlled substance.
In addition, the WFEC trustees have established a set of minimum qualifications for consideration of an appointment as follows:
1. Trustees should be capable of receiving electronic mail.
2. Trustees should make every attempt to become a Cooperative Certified Director within a three-year period.
3. Trustees should make themselves available to the cooperative a minimum of 24 days per year. These days include regular and special meetings of the board, committee meetings, association meetings and trustee training classes.
District 1 encompasses that part of Calhoun County served by the cooperative. Persons interested in being considered for this position should pick up an application packet at the Graceville office Monday – Friday, from 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. Applications must be returned by noon on Thursday, March 22, 2018.
Energy Efficiency Tip
Choose wisely when replacing incandescent bulbs from recessed light fixtures. Heat buildup can shorten the life of spiral CFLs.