It’s that time of year again. Ballots and election materials for West Florida Electric Cooperative’s Board of Trustee Elections will be mailed on Thursday, March 26. Each WFEC member’s voting packet will arrive in an envelope marked: “Annual Election Materials.” This packet will contain everything you will need to exercise your voting rights as a member-owner of WFEC. Seats on the board in Districts 4, 5 and 6 are up for election this year.
To be eligible to serve on the Board of Trustees, a candidate must be a member of the cooperative, reside in the respective district and meet certain requirements set forth in WFEC’s bylaws. Some qualifications include the ability to become bonded, capability of receiving emails and successfully meeting all the requirements needed to become a National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA) Credentialed Cooperative Director within 36 months of being elected. Trustees serve a three-year term.
Each election packet will include:
• A letter from Carr, Riggs and Ingram, Certified Public Accountants & Advisors, the certified public accounting firm that receives and counts all completed ballots and announces the results to ensure fairness.
• A nominating committee report listing qualified candidates for the Board of Trustees.
• Profiles of each candidate.
• An official ballot.
• An informational brochure containing the official notice of WFEC’s Member Appreciation Day/Annual Meeting, a map showing the meeting’s location and the minutes of the 2017 & 2018 Annual Meetings.
• A pre-addressed reply envelope.
Ballots are due back by Wednesday, April 15, and should be received no later than 5:00 p.m. Ballots received after this deadline will be declared invalid. Do not deliver your ballot to any WFEC office. Please follow the voting procedures listed in the packet you will receive.
- Mobile Apps
- Products and Services
- GenerLink™ Transfer Switch
- Current Light Flashes
- Capital Credits
- Economic Development
- Electrical Safety
- Youth Tour Competition
- Community Involvement
- The Cooperative Difference
- Outdoor Lighting
- Medically Essential Service
- WFEC Member Survey
- Solar Energy
Ceiling fans are a great way to keep cool & can even allow you to raise or lower your thermostat setting about 4 degrees without affecting your comfort.