In accordance with the cooperative’s bylaws and Board Policy 113, West Florida Electric Cooperative’s Board of Trustees has appointed a search committee to begin the process of filling the District 2 position vacated by the passing of long-time trustee, Mr. Eugene Alford.
The Board of Trustees will entertain applications from qualified individuals residing in District 2 who meet the criteria for serving as a trustee as outlined in the cooperative’s bylaws. West Florida Electric Trustee qualifications: WFEC Bylaws Article IV, Section 2:
1. Must be a member of the cooperative.
2. Must be a bona fide resident of the district.
3. May not be employed by or financially interested in a competing enterprise or business selling electric energy or supplies to the Cooperative; or in a business primarily engaged in selling electrical or plumbing appliances, fixtures or supplies to the members of the Cooperative.
4. May not have been a full-time or part-time employee of the Cooperative within three (3) years or is a spouse, parent, child or sibling of a person who has.
5. May not have been found guilty of a felony, regardless of whether adjudication was withheld or found guilty of a misdemeanor involving the illegal possession, sale or use of a controlled substance. 91525001
In addition, the WFEC trustees have established a set of minimum qualifications for consideration of an appointment as follows:
1. Trustee should be capable of receiving electronic mail.
2. Trustee should make every attempt to become a Cooperative Certified Director within a three-year period.
3. Trustee should make themselves available to the cooperative a minimum of 24 days per year. These days include regular and special meetings of the board, committee meetings, association meetings and trustee training classes.
District 2 encompasses that part of Jackson County lying east of the Chipola River and between the north line of Calhoun County and the south Line of Township 6 North.
Persons interested in being considered for this position should pick up an application packet at the Graceville office Monday – Friday, from 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. Applications must be returned by noon on Friday, May 19th.
- Mobile Apps
- Products and Services
- GenerLink™ Transfer Switch
- Current Light Flashes
- Capital Credits
- Economic Development
- Electrical Safety
- Youth Tour Competition
- Community Involvement
- The Cooperative Difference
- Co-ops Vote
- Outdoor Lighting
- Medically Essential Service
- WFEC Member Survey
- Solar Energy
Energy Efficiency Tip
Have a professional energy auditor diagnose where your house could be losing energy & where you can start saving money.