In accordance with the cooperative’s bylaws and Board Policy 113, West Florida Electric Cooperative’s Board of Trustees has appointed a search committee to begin the process of filling the District 2 position vacated by the passing of long-time trustee, Mr. Eugene Alford.
The Board of Trustees will entertain applications from qualified individuals residing in District 2 who meet the criteria for serving as a trustee as outlined in the cooperative’s bylaws. West Florida Electric Trustee qualifications: WFEC Bylaws Article IV, Section 2:
1. Must be a member of the cooperative.
2. Must be a bona fide resident of the district.
3. May not be employed by or financially interested in a competing enterprise or business selling electric energy or supplies to the Cooperative; or in a business primarily engaged in selling electrical or plumbing appliances, fixtures or supplies to the members of the Cooperative.
4. May not have been a full-time or part-time employee of the Cooperative within three (3) years or is a spouse, parent, child or sibling of a person who has.
5. May not have been found guilty of a felony, regardless of whether adjudication was withheld or found guilty of a misdemeanor involving the illegal possession, sale or use of a controlled substance. 91525001
In addition, the WFEC trustees have established a set of minimum qualifications for consideration of an appointment as follows:
1. Trustee should be capable of receiving electronic mail.
2. Trustee should make every attempt to become a Cooperative Certified Director within a three-year period.
3. Trustee should make themselves available to the cooperative a minimum of 24 days per year. These days include regular and special meetings of the board, committee meetings, association meetings and trustee training classes.
District 2 encompasses that part of Jackson County lying east of the Chipola River and between the north line of Calhoun County and the south Line of Township 6 North.
Persons interested in being considered for this position should pick up an application packet at the Graceville office Monday – Friday, from 9:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. Applications must be returned by noon on Friday, May 19th.
Energy Efficiency Tip
Replace conventional power strips with advanced power strips to help reduce electricity wasted when electronic devices are idle.