West Florida Electric Cooperative’s (WFEC’s) concern for community extends to the health and welfare of each and every member, neighboring friends and all those we do business with each day. As news emerges regarding the spread of the Coronavirus/COVID-19, WFEC is joining cooperatives and other utilities around the nation in taking appropriate measures to promote the health and safety of our members, employees and the general public.
Amid growing global concern over the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), your WFEC Board of Trustees voted unanimously to postpone the Annual Meeting/Member Appreciation Day previously scheduled for Saturday, April 25. WFEC will continue to monitor the situation and make a determination on a new date for the annual meeting.
The Centers for Disease Control’s “All of Community” approach to slowing the transmission of COVID-19 includes minimizing social contact and avoiding large gatherings. With that in mind, WFEC’s Board of trustees decided postponing the annual gathering of several hundred members and guests is prudent in helping to slow the transmission of the virus.
The board elections will continue as usual since the balloting and voting process is completed by mail. Ballots were mailed on March 26 and are due back to the Certified Public Accounting firm, Carr, Riggs & Ingram by 5:00 p.m. on April 15. The drawings for individuals who participate in annual meeting voting for two $250 bill credits will still take place.
WFEC is also taking steps now to be prepared in the event there is a significant impact from the coronavirus in our communities. We are focused on maintaining a healthy workforce, and keeping key
personnel — such as line workers and member service representatives — available so that we can continue to provide the excellent service you expect from us. WFEC has already taken the action to temporarily close its office lobbies to the public to help prevent the spread of this virus.
During the temporary lobby closures, there are a variety of ways for you to communicate and interact with us. A variety of payment options are available to members & are listed here:
• To make payments online visit www.westflorida.coop. To access online payments for the first time, please call 800-342-7400 to get started.
• Download the mobile apps for Apple or Android devices by shopping your app store or visiting our website.
• To make payments using the automated phone system call 855-699-3322.
• Our drive-thru locations in the Graceville & Bonifay offices remain open accepting all forms of payment.
• Off-site payment locations at People’s South Bank in Chipley, Greenwood and Malone are also available. Members must have their current payment coupon and may pay no less than the full amount of the bill. Late payments will not be accepted at these locations. You do not have to be a People’s South customer to pay at their locations. This may be helpful to members in the Sneads area who need to make cash payments.
Right now, the cooperative will be addressing members’ needs on an individual basis. If you need to make payment arrangements due to hardships caused by the pandemic, please contact your local district office directly.
Your cooperative continues to actively monitor this situation which will continue to change for us at WFEC as it will for you. If you have questions or concerns, please contact us.