When it comes to home improvement projects, most people dream about new countertops, flooring, and paint colors. But before you begin your next renovation, consider tackling a home energy makeover. The best news? West Florida Electric Cooperative (WFEC) offers an affordable financing program to help cover the costs of energy efficiency upgrades that make your home more comfortable and save you money.
Maximize your energy dollars with efficient heating and cooling. Your home's heating and cooling unit has a tremendous impact on your energy bill, accounting for as much as 50 percent of your monthly energy costs. If your unit is more than 10 years old, constantly needs repairs or fails to keep a constant temperature, it is time to upgrade. A newer, more-efficient unit will provide increased comfort and lower energy bills. Through WFEC's Energy Efficiency Loan Program, approved members may finance up to $20,000 for 10 years to upgrade.
While you're at it, optimize your heating and cooling system's performance by repairing or replacing damaged ductwork. No matter how efficient your unit is, leaky ductwork results in a higher bill. Duct replacement and repair is eligible for financing through our program.
Keep conditioned air where it belongs. Your home's envelope protects it from the elements. Small gaps or cracks siphon your home's heating and cooling energy to the outdoors. Proper air sealing provides temperature and humidity control. Investing in energy-efficient windows, exterior doors, and insulation not only reduces your energy bill, it also lowers outside noise. Our low-interest loan program provides a cost-effective solution to helping ensure that your conditioned air stays where it belongs.
Keep your family in hot water. If your Pinterest board is filled with bathroom renovation dreams, be sure to include your water heater in your project plans. After all, nobody enjoys a cold shower, even in a brand new bathroom! Because the energy used to keep your water warm and ready accounts for almost 25 percent of your home's energy costs, investing in an energy-efficient water heater can mean big savings. Our loan program offers low-interest loans for the purchase of heat pump water heaters, which will keep you in
hot water all year long.
Not ready to replace your water heater? Install a blanket and pipe insulation for added efficiency.
Let your attic breathe. Attic ventilation plays an important role in your home's energy efficiency. In winter, attic vents help remove moisture from your home. In summer, ventilation helps keep attic temperatures down - resulting in energy cost savings. Both systems are eligible for financing through our Energy Efficiency Loan Program.
Whether you choose natural or fan ventilation, always follow proper air sealing and insulation strategies. Consult an energy professional at WFEC for assistance in choosing the right system for your home.
Adding skirting or underpinning to your manufactured home. The crawl space beneath your manufactured home is often neglected, but there are many energy savings options under your floor. In addition to insulating your pipes and ducts, skirting protects your home's ductwork and wiring from critters. Our Energy Efficiency Loan Program allows you to finance the purchase and installation of energy-efficient skirting.
Let our experts help make your dreams come true. Home improvements can be costly, but WFEC's Energy Efficiency Loan Program can help ease the burden for energy-efficiency upgrades. Residential members of WFEC may qualify for low-interest loans to finance the purchase and installation of home efficiency upgrades including:
• HVAC replacement and tune-ups
• Duct repair or replacement
• Heat pump water heater purchases
• Water heater blanket and pipe insulation
• Windows • Insulated exterior doors
• Exterior wall, floor, perimeter or attic insulation
• Air sealing
• Attic ventilation
• Manufactured home skirting
Here is how to take advantage of this program:
1. Contact West Florida Electric Cooperative by calling (800) 342-7400 and ask about the Energy Efficiency Loan Program.
2. A WFEC energy advisor will visit your home to conduct an energy audit and help identify areas of improvement.
3. You'll complete the simple loan application process with Regions Bank. The application asks for basic personal information (name, address, birth date); driver's license number, issue date and expiration date; and social security or tax identification number.
4. If approved, you will hire a licensed contractor to complete the improvements. The work must be completed within 90 days of loan approval and 100 percent of installation costs may be financed.
5. You will receive monthly loan billing statements from Regions Bank.
Visit the cooperative's website for more information.
- Mobile Apps
- Products and Services
- Hurricane Preparedness
- Medically Essential Service
- GenerLink™ Transfer Switch
- Current Light Flashes
- Capital Credits
- Electrical Safety
- Youth Tour Competition
- Community Involvement
- Co-ops Vote
- The Cooperative Difference
- Economic Development
- WFEC Member Survey
- Solar Energy
- Outdoor Lighting
Ceiling fans are a great way to keep cool & can even allow you to raise or lower your thermostat setting about 4 degrees without affecting your comfort.